Maranatha!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"Satisfy my needs."

In your private prayers, what request do you bring to God about your financial situation? Do you ask God to be rich? God says we should ask Him to meet our needs. There is nothing wrong with wealth, and we should rejoice when God chooses to bless individuals abundantly. But all too often we pursue riches out of a desire for the security we believe they provide. When we do this, we fail to trust God as we should. He has promised to meet all our needs and even give us the desires of our heart. But we must seek Him above all things. Pursue God and trust Him to care about you. He is your ever-faithful Provider.

Proverbs 30:7-9 (New Living Translation)

7 O God, I beg two favors from you; let me have them before I die.
8 First, help me never to tell a lie. Second, give me neither poverty nor riches! Give me just enough to satisfy my needs.
9 For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say, “Who is the Lord?” And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult God’s holy name.

No comments:

BibleGateway

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Buy a Bible and support BibleGateway.com Every Bible purchased at GospelDirect.com supports BibleGateway.com Go to the top of the page Your donations keep the Bible Gateway going Contact us/Feedback Privacy policy Terms of use

newsroom

My Favorite Videos

html hit counter